Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thank You, Skype

I saw my general practitioner today and got a referral to the ob/gyn for Monday which is really fast at my clinic.  I'm in pretty bad shape.  I'll see the on/gyn on Monday and discuss my surgical options.  Super.

The doctor today put me on bed rest which is what I've been doing since I got back from the ER on Friday.  I'm very bored; there are only so many movies you can watch and books you can read.  (I read Persepolis in about 4 hours, total.  It would have been faster if I didn't stop to sleep!  It was really good!) Also, I'm pretty upset about this health issue which has been going on for 12 years.  Enough already!!!

I called Mike in Austria today (thank you, Skype) and we talked about my problems.  I feel broken and defective.  He is an amazing man, going through all this with me.  He loves me very much ( as I love him) and I am so lucky.  

It was so good to hear his voice.  I called the schlossel where he is staying and talked to the director.  I left the message "I saw the doctor today.  Please call me."  They relayed the message to him at the restaurant where he was having dinner.  He ran all the way to the schlossel as soon as he got the message.  Again, awesome guy.  (That's not to say he doesn't have his flaws, but real love is about loving people for their flaws as well as their strengths.) 

Mike is my rock and I miss him very much.  He makes me laugh in the ER by saying snarky comments about people and things.  When we're home and I'm like this, he makes me grilled cheese sandwiches his way which is delicious! (Loads of butter.) Grilled cheese is my "sickness comfort food."  He tucks me into bed when I sleep.  When I'm up, helps me to the couch where he has made up a bed for me so I can watch TV with him in comfort.  We watch movies, talk about silly things, like how much we love Danny Trejo then we'll go on a Danny Trejo movie kick.  Or we'll discuss why Nazis are the best movie bad guys because they are universally hated and then we'll watch all the Indiana Jones movies except for the 4th which is a horror show.  We go on movie theme kicks; for example, Rob Zombie movies, the Friday the 13th franchise, Indiana Jones movies, the Aliens trilogy, etc.  This happens when I'm sick or healthy; it's our thing. 

He also does silly things with our cats (a.k.a The Boos).  Boo (a.k.a Ivy) performs a little dance with help from Mike.  She lets him mess with her ears and make bunny ears, angry ears, etc.  He makes Bubba go crazy with the laser pointer.  I'm glad Mike loves cats as much as I.

Did I mention Mike can cook?  He is the Steak Master!  Give that man a steak and he'll concoct a delicious marinade and grill it to perfection (he's also the Grill Master).  He makes cookies and Puerto Rican food.  His Puerto Rican ribs are heaven.  He makes pancakes and bacon on Sunday mornings, sometimes.  And he makes a mean cup of joe, which is perfect since I'm a coffee addict.

I've never been this happy in a relationship so life rocks, in that respect.  Mike is my best friend (male, that is ;) ).  Our relationship is solid because we were friends for years before we became a couple.  I just wish I was healthier. 

The fact that he is not daunted by my medical problems is wonderful.  As Mike says, he is a man and only boys run.  I can't say enough good things about Mike.  In the style of teenagers everywhere, I <3 him.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you finally found a man to keep up with you and make you happy!!! And...ummmmm...Otty might have something to say about that grill master title because that one belongs to him. LOL!

    ReplyDelete