Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Brief Check-In

A few hours after I posted the first entry, I was gripped in so much pain I couldn't walk.  I was vomiting and had to call a friend to take me to the emergency room.  After 16 hours in the ER, this is what they had to tell me:  1.  I'm full of scar tissue 2. I have a cyst on my left ovary (the only one I have) and 3.  I need to consult a gyno surgeon.  The ER doc said he didn't think that was enough to cause my level of pain and I should get another lap to check for endometriomas.  I told him that the scar tissue was plenty to cause pain.  I do agree that I need another lap, though.  The way the doc found out about the scar tissue was through an iodine contrast CAT scan.  He performed a pelvic-seemed REALLY uncomfortable.  No ultrasound.  What?!  No ultrasound.  They kept blowing me off about it and I was in so much pain I was a poor advocate for myself.  Now, I have to figure out if I can get on Medi-Cal (the Cali equivalent to Medicare) as being disabled due to chronic pain.  I've been avoiding this step!  I will educate myself-perhaps I can be declared disabled due to the chronic pain and once I get the surgery, taken off disability.  I know I'll have to discuss the dreaded H word-hysterectomy.  I've got to go get some meds (yay!), so I'll post this evening in further detail.
Love to all,
Christina

1 comment: