Monday, April 11, 2011

NEED HEALTH INSURANCE STAT

"I went to the doctor today for my unending pain.  This post is not going to be eloquent and I'm tired and beat down.  This is the email I sent to Mike today detailing my visit.

First of all, it took forever to be seen.  I was done at 4:40; appt was at 1:45.  So, when I was seen, the doc agrees that a hysterectomy is likely my only option. However, SAC is not a surgical clinic so I'd have to go to Loma Linda (Hospital).  Since I have no health insurance, it would be hugely expensive.

Therefore, I am being referred to Arrowhead and will see if I get can qualify for the county health insurance.  It will take 2 weeks to get an appointment at Arrowhead. (note:  I am not pleased to go to Arrowhead.  Loma Linda Hospital is one of the premier teaching hospitals in the West.  Right up there with UCLA)

There is a pain clinic at UCLA that specializes in pelvic pain (endo and PCOS, as well) but that is out of my price range too.  Everything is out of my price range.

All this because I have no health insurance.  I do not feel confident about this at all.  I am extremely worried.  I am a prime example of how universal health care would benefit people.  I am very...I don't know, except I want to cry and give up.  This is so daunting to go through alone."

The pain is on day 13 with no end in sight.  My good humor is ebbing away.  I'm tired, in pain and depressed.  I bought chocolate to ease my depression and thank goodness for my family, Mike, friends and cats.  They keep my spirits up.  I don't have money to do this and I need it.  Like I said, "All this because I have no health insurance. "

2 comments:

  1. This post is taken from an email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing. I wish I was there to support you in person.

    ReplyDelete